Show reviews that mention
school course money program job billing certificate education scam materials
Showing 4 of 50 reviews Clear filter
Filter review

Self taught. No instruction

1.8
Basically you read take open book multiple choice tests. Then when you have a project to complete instructions are vague . The forms in these bookkeeping projects are unfamiliar nothing like what was already covered. Multiple misprints through out course. Buy accounting for dummies you'll get farther
Fort Collins, Colorado
Product
Us Career Institute Bookkeeping Specialist Program
Cons
  • Inadequate training
  • Wasted time effort and hope
Poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Work at home as a medical biller

1.8
I have completed the course with a 96 GPA. There is not one medical facility I have contacted that will let you work from home, as well as not one that is looking for someone without prior experience! $1,500 down the drain. The institute has some random people working from home available for you to call - they tell you what they think you want to hear, but it is all BS. When I signed up for the course the sales person said there are many offices he is aware of in Florida that seek medical billers working from home.

The same thing happened to me! I was promised a job from home would be easy to find.

They also told me I would get a refund if I didn't get a job within a year of completing the course. One big fat lie!

I missed one assignment and was dismissed. Absolute scam!

#1198560

Thanks for the info. I was considering this online school, but I'm glad I read the reviews.

There are so many negative ones. I don't want to waste my time and especially not my money.

Coincidentally I received a college catalog in the mail offering the courses that I was considering. At least I know after I complete the courses and get certified that the job I apply for will accept my certification because it will be from an actual reputable college.

@PissedConsumer1198560

If you do a little research you'll find that most negative reviews are written by people who HAVEN'T done any research.

First, let me say that US Career Institute may or may not be reputable. Sure, they have their testimonials on their website, just like every other business out there.

And the only prior student I know PERSONALLY had nothing but great things to say about the school. But they ARE accredited, and that's all that matters.

Second, did you actually read the reviewer's first paragraph? WHAT?!

A business wants to hire someone with experience?! How could they?! Welcome to reality, sweetheart. That's how business works.

And internships, too, so maybe the reviewer should try that to get a foot in the door. Just sayin'. Just because you have a certification, or a diploma, or a degree, does NOT make you marketable.

Third, the comment about the call center "blowing smoke" stating they know of lots of Florida offices looking for help, yet the reviewer couldn't find any... Have you stopped to consider how many thousands of offices are in the state of Florida?

Surely the reviewer doesn't think they're all local? I'm sure there are tons looking for help, but you need to leave WPB to find them.

Sheesh!

Now, back to YOUR comment about a "reputable" school. A doctor is still a doctor, no matter where he got his degree. Or whether he was at the top of his class or the bottom.

Accreditation is what matters, not necessarily reputation.

Oh, and I have 2 Masters Degrees AND I'm using them. (*I'm looking at US Career Institute not for career change, but for self-enrichment)

Jayshaun
@PissedConsumer1280372

Master's degrees? LOL!

@PissedConsumer1280372

Helpful.....in a negative way. To take pot shots at people who forked over their money and time, did a qualified performance, and see US Career is a scam, they have a RIGHT to their opinion.

I apologize to you for, "Prospective Student."

The consistency of grade ''D'' performance and evaluations has some merit. To run around with a water pistol and put out smoldering fires of bitterness further muddy the POSITIVE ! WE'LL GET YOU A JOB ! one liners i was tempted to fall for.

Something is ''up'' ,

not on the level. and makes me sending $79 down payment seem questionable. I am sorry, 'sweetheart' but to pump "YOU'LL GET A JOB" lectures then say, "do I know you?" after the money spent and the time gone for nothing, and the message is REPEATS from MANY clients,

says enough for me.

One ! answer touting US Career Inst is a skip down primrose lane, "It's going to work out", reminds me I quit on the Easter bunny, and Santa Claus some time ago.

The long list of nay-sayers is enough 'research' for me. Thank you, the ''other'' comments.

did you get your licensing from NHA and go to NCCT AFTER THER PROGRAM

View more comments (5)
West Palm Beach, Florida
Service
Us Career Institute Customer Care
Cons
  • Being lied to that finding home employment would be so easy
Not as described/ advertised
Price reduction

HUGE red flags

2.0
The website lists THREE different prices at various times - one price for paying all at once, one price for increments, and then there's a "sale" price that is just not available anywhere I could see when I went to pay. In addition to that, there are all kinds of little "oh, by the way, you really should have this add-on stuff we don't mention anywhere else at all, and that's extra $$". Thank goodness. I sent an email asking what one had to do to get the "sale" rate and this woman sent an email back saying I could get it but I had to call her. Well, I'm busy. AND I specifically asked that I be responded to via email since I work nights/sleep during the day. The phone calls started pretty soon after - several times in the morning, about three hours after I went to bed, pretty much EVERY DAY. I am still getting spam emails from them - not by any means actually ANSWERING MY QUESTION but just plain nagging me to sign up, which is what I was trying to do in the first place, and it's been like two months. A month later she texted me to see if I was still interested! There is no way this place could be professional. And after reading the other reviews, I will never fall into this. I'm pretty dismayed, but I guess there really is no easy way to get the certs required to get a better job.

You know, the most amusing part of your rant is that you say you're too "busy" to call a school representative about some information you just HAVE TO have. If you're THAT busy, you can't begin to convince anyone with half a brain you have enough time to complete a certification program.

Oh wowwww, thanks. I was just about to sign up but I won't. Thanks for the red flags.

View more comments (1)
ID
Cons
  • Being harassed while sleeping
  • Shady pricing
  • Being called when preferring email
Bad quality
Preferred solution
Become a reputable school with respectful employees or pull out of the business.
2.3
I entered Medical Transcription late in 2013. The course work was very basic. This concerned me a good deal. There was a lot of small print in the course work, advising you that what they were telling you does not conform to most of the standards that employers would...
Fort Collins, Colorado
Product
Us Career Institute Program
Not as described/ advertised
Loss
Full refund

Your trust is our top priority

• 100% user-generated content
  • Professional automated and live moderation
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Equal Opportunity and Protection