I am half way though the bookkeeping specialist course, here is my honest review on these few points:
1. Course work is easy to understand, but some topics are 'lazy' with no picture examples but briefly explanation only, so you have to figure it out on your own. This is a bookkeeping course involves record entries on journal, ledgers etc. If you skip to show the examples, it's hard on students and will make mistake on assignments.
2. Instructor is not helpful, not able to give a satisfied answer. Once, I asked questions, he answered me with a question, left me to figure it out.
3. Hand graded assignments are being graded very slow. I submitted the answers by email, it takes them 2 days to print out and pick up by the instructor to grade in 2 - 3 days and another 2 - 3 days for the grade/score posted on the student account. And the results (mistake made or correction) are being mailed back by regular mail and not by email. All in all, at least 2 weeks to be able to see the assignment result after the assignment is done by student. Keep in mind, they are several hand-graded assignments, all these take how long time?
4. Student Service is no help either, if you email question, it takes them fwe days to answer. Sometimes too, sent email questions to instructors, no response even a week.
5. Some questions on the assignments/quizzes are very tricky, they way of the questions do not make sense or they use the phrase is wrong. So, you will make mistake and that's very unreasonable.
I hope to finish this course soon, but their grading is so super slow.
Product or Service Mentioned: Us Career Institute Bookkeeping Specialist Program.
Reason of review: Course work, grading, etc.